PRESCHOOL IS CLOSED WHEN EITHER MENTOR EXEMPT VILLAGE OR RIVERSIDE LOCAL SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED DUE TO WEATHER.
Hope Ridge Preschool
Samantha Meunier, Director
Celebrating 50 Years!
Our Mission is to provide an environment where children love to learn and learn with love. We aim to encourage children’s innate curiosity as they explore the world around them. The foundation of this learning comes through hands on activities. We will encourage children’s social maturity through interactions with peers. Through activities and play children learn, respect, responsibility, accountability, and empathy for others.
We understand that your child comes to us with unique experiences, interests and learning styles. Our goal is to encourage children to explore areas that interest them. We will provide opportunities for them to learn, play, share, and socialize.
All children are welcome to our program without regard to race, religion, sex, or national origin. We encourage and welcome parental participation.
Hope Ridge Preschool was established in 1967 as an outreach ministry of Hope Ridge United Methodist Church and incorporated in 2007. The preschool receives leadership and guidance through the Hope Ridge Preschool Council. We are licensed by the State of Ohio, active members of NAEYC (National Association of the Education of Young Children), and a Step Up to Quality 3 Star Award recipient.
We are located in the child education wing of Hope Ridge United Methodist Church. Our facility includes a fenced, outdoor playground area and daily access to large indoor rooms for active play.
For more information or questions email Samantha Meunier, Preschool Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the preschool office, 440-639-8817.
2017-2018 Tuition List: http://hoperidge.com/forms-pschool/ – The Tuition for each program changes year to year based on changes in utilities, salaries, and materials so please make sure to familiarize yourself with up to date tuitions.
What is Step to Quality? Step Up to Quality is a branch of the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family services which evaluates and recognizes early care and education programs that provide quality standards to Ohio’s children. Enrolling your child in a Step Up to Quality program means your child will receive early care and education programs whose level of quality exceeds Ohio’s child care licensing standards. These experiences last a lifetime experiences last a lifetime. Your child has 1,892 days from the day they are born until they enter kindergarten. What happens on this journey lays the foundation for school and life success.
What does three stars mean? A Three-Star rated program means that your child is in a program with:
- Lower group size in the infant room birth to 18 months old; lower ratios in the infant, toddler, preschool and school age classrooms. This means the teachers have more time to support your child’s individual development and learning. From infant to three years old is when 85% of brain development occurs!
- The administrator and all lead teachers have a credential and/or a degree in early childhood education and at least 50% of assistant teachers have a CDA. The administrator and teacher(s) have formal knowledge to support your child’s development and learning.
- The administrator, all lead teachers and assistant teachers complete 20 hours of specialized training every two years. The administrator and teaching staff are committed to expanding their knowledge and skills to better support your child’s development and learning.
- Provides annual performance evaluations, professional development planning and at least three benefits (such as insurance, paid leave, tuition reimbursement etc.) to employees and a commitment to continuous improvement. This is a place where employees are supported and treated professionally to retain good teachers.
- Children are screened upon entry to the program and their progression utilizing Ohio’s Infant Toddler Guidelines, Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards, and K-12 Standards in their curriculum planning. Your child’s program uses research based information and your child’s developmental profile on an ongoing basis.
- Step Up To Quality programs are only eligible for a Star Rating if they have not had any serious risk or licensing non-compliance at their last licensing visit. If this program were to have a serious risk non-compliance, their rating would be either suspended or removed based on the non-compliance.
We hope to connect with your family soon!