Reflections from Pastor Beth:
I give thanks this week for Christ in the midst of my life and how I get to share him with others. I know that the heart of Hope Ridge is in Christ and as we gather with family the love of Jesus is how we celebrate and share the Thanksgiving holiday.The joy and privilege of following Jesus is serving others. I want to share with you a brief reflection from Neal, who is a partner in ministry through the Woodlawn community, he wrote:
The time at Woodlawn was very successful again this year. All that participate to serve the guests there had a good time sharing God’s love to others. Over 50 residents were in attendance for the meal and 37 Thanksgiving Dinner Boxes were distributed. I am convinced that people saw God’s love through these actions.
A few ways that I personally saw God moving while I was there were:
1. Two residents asking to pass their Thanksgiving box on to relatives who needed them more.
2. Praying with several of the guests, both during the meal and during box delivery.
3. Residents putting prayer requests into the prayer box without being encouraged.
4. Over 25 children’s books taken from the book table.
5. All of the Bibles we had were taken, teen and adult.
7. Hearing one of the residents explain to others how we were not going to judge a man that they knew sometimes used drugs and not provide him with a box of food. Fantastic understanding that we are there to help share God’s love with them and not to act as a judge over them which is what the other residents expected.
8. Members from four different churches interacting and building relationships with each other and having fun at the same time!
A long day, but one that energizes everyone that participates.
If you have any God stories or feedback, we would love to hear it.
Blessings and peace,
Pilgrim Lutheran Brethren Church has invited all to their Community Thanksgiving Service, Wednesday, Nov 27, at 7pm, just down the road at 9514 Johnnycake Ridge Rd, Mentor. Pastors Beth and Jon will be participating.
The Hope Ridge Church office will be closed Nov 26-Dec 1. If you need pastoral assistance, please call Pastor Beth’s cell 440-413-0793.
Opportunities from our Music Directors:
* Children or adults! Would you like to perform a Christmas song for a service during the Advent season? See Tom or Jonathan ASAP to rehearse and get on the schedule.
* Christmas Caroling, Sunday, Dec 21, 2:30pm
Like to sing? Join us to spread some Christmas cheer to others. Meet at Hope Ridge at 2:30pm and carpool to locations. Song sheets provided. Come back to Hope Ridge at 5pm for dinner and fellowship!
* Know of someone that may enjoy a visit from our Christmas carolers on Dec 21? Please call the church office with name, address and phone.
Ridge Kidz will be practicing for the Dec 7 Children’s Christmas Pageant Nov 23 and 30 during Ridge Kidz, with dress rehearsal on Dec 7 at 9:15am. Please let Mark Seyfried know if your child will be participating. To practice at home, the songs are available at hoperidge.com/wordpressHRUMC/nurture/children.
The December/January View Newsletter is now available online!
Print copies are available at the Information Desk.